Holding Manufacturers Accountable For Defective Household Products
The manufacturers, distributors and sellers of household items are responsible for ensuring their products are safe for use and for warning consumers of any known dangers. When they fail to do so and serious injuries or even wrongful death occurs, we hold them accountable.
In the 30-plus years that we have served clients throughout Kentucky from our Somerset office, we have successfully faced down many large companies at the negotiation table and in trial. Very few law firms in Kentucky have sufficient capabilities and resources to pursue lawsuits pertaining to defective consumer products, but this is one of our main focus areas at Hay & Knight, PLLC.
Led by attorney Richard Hay, a Certified Trial Specialist, we have obtained successful outcomes for many of our clients, including jury verdicts in excess of one million dollars.
Supporting Victims And Taking Defective Household Products Off The Market
We are very selective about the cases we accept at our law office, because we must keep our caseload low to provide the highest caliber of service and representation. We choose to represent only victims of very serious injuries, and the families of those who have lost loved ones, as we feel this is where we can make the biggest impact.
Our legal team has a special interest in product liability cases, because we believe these cases both allow us to support individuals and families who need our help as well as effect larger changes — getting dangerous products off of shelves and out of people’s homes.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by any of the following household items, or another dangerous product, we encourage you to contact our law office for a free case review.
- Kitchen and household appliances: Defective stoves, washing machines and dryers as well as small personal appliances such as curling irons and hair dryers can cause burn injuries and electrical injuries.
- Space heaters: Malfunctioning space heaters and electric blankets cause serious injuries including electrical injuries, burn injuries and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Power tools: From power saws to nail guns, tools are incredibly dangerous if not properly designed and manufactured.
- Lawn mowers and yard equipment: Defective lawn mowers and other motorized yard and garden equipment can cause catastrophic injuries, including amputations and burns.
- Defective fire alarms: When smoke or fire alarms fail to perform properly, the consequences can be tragic. Smoke inhalation and burn injuries can be very serious or even fatal.
- Children’s products: It seems as if cribs, strollers, car seats, toys and other children’s products are constantly being recalled. Companies that sell defective, dangerous children’s products should be held accountable for any harm they cause.
To discuss your case with a lawyer at our office, please call 606-679-2214 or submit this form. We offer initial consultations free of charge at our office in Somerset and off-site, and if we accept your case we will not charge you any legal fees unless we recover compensation for you.